Town and Parish councils are part of local government.
- Town and Parish Councillors are elected to represent and be the voice of their community.
- CPALC (Communities, Parish and Local Councils) is committed to GAD.
- GAD is Governance, Accountability and Democracy.
- These 10 guiding principles underpin GAD.
Democracy is at the heart of government
- Decisions are made by the majority.
- Sometimes you win, other times you loose, that's democracy
- Support and promote the democratic process and decisions
- Everyone has the right to be heard
- ALL bullying is wrong
- Democracy comes at a cost.
- Elections are a right and money should never enter the equation
Town and Parish Councils exist to serve their communities
- Councils need communities, communities do not necessarily need councils. Ignore this at your peril
- Councillors represent all, not just those who elected them, know your community
Get involved it's your council
- Everyone has a right to participate
- Get elected Councillors are not volunteers
Know the rules and obey the law
- Get trained it benefits all, councillors, clerks and residents
Please Register, Login or Subscribe to read more...