Town and parish councils have wide ranging powers to promote tourism.
- Promoting tourism can bring real benefits to local communities in both economic and social terms
- A town or parish council does not have to work alone to use these powers
- Indeed there are advantages to working with the community, neighbouring councils, other organisations and businesses within the area
- Partnership working may spread the cost and cover a wider and more relevant geographical area
- It is an opportunity to consult and work with local communities to identify a wide range of opportunities
This 60 second guide is for residents, town and parish councillors and clerks who want a brief introductory overview to using the tourism powers to promote the area in which they live.
Article Contents - Click on a link below
This guide is indicative and not definitive, if in doubt get someone else involved or seek professional advice.
Please Register, Login or Subscribe to read more...