- It includes the role of the local council, banking, accounting and staff
Article Contents - Click on a link below
A Subscription and Login is needed to read the following...
- If the parish council own the village hall they have a duty to ensure it is properly insured
- In cases where the village hall is owned and operated by some form of trust or community group the group can apply to the town or parish council for a grant towards the upkeep of the hall
- Yes if the parish council own and operate the hall they would be liable for making good any repairs
- If the hall is set up under some form of trust or leased to a community group then the lease agreement for that arrangement would need to be checked to verify who is responsible for repairs and maintenance
- Yes the village hall management group should produce an annual set of accounts but these can be quite simple and just show the income and expenditure
- However as the use of the village hall increases and the amount of funds increases the level of accounting information expected to be available to the public will increase
Please Register, Login or Subscribe to read more...