It is difficult to view a parish council agenda in isolation, just as the minutes cannot be considered alone. The agenda, the meeting itself and the minutes themselves comprise the legal decision making process of a town or parish council. By default there will be a considerable degree of overlap between these events.
As a result this Best Practice Guide includes matters relating to the agenda, the meeting and minutes. It is hoped that this will put items of procedure and Best Practice into context.
This Best Practice Guide (BPG) is for residents, councillors and clerks and is applicable to all meetings of the council its committees and sub-committees. Working parties or advisory committees are excluded.
Article Contents - Click on a link below
- Proforma template
- Who can speak at the meeting
- The notice and summons to the meeting paper and email
- Failure to receive a summons
- Employees right to time off for council business
- Publication of draft minutes, meeting agendas and working papers
- Production of the agenda
- The agenda for the meeting
- Excluding the press and public
- Numbering of agenda items
- The Quorum for a meeting
- Recording the attendance of councillors present
- The record of Apologies of councillors not present
- The Minutes of the previous meeting
- Councillor declarations of interests
- Public Participation
- Reports from principal authority councillors
- Items to be debated
- Matters for future consideration
- Agenda Example
Please Register, Login or Subscribe to read more...