Every Town, Parish or Local Council is different
- What is required of the clerk by their employer to deliver the council's decisions will vary depending upon the scale of the council's activities
- The number of hours is only part of the picture in determining the cost to the Council of the Clerk
- An annual assessment, review or appraisal is needed to determine what NJC (National Joint Council) scale or spinal points apply to each Council's Clerk
- There is no requirement to the Clerk according to the NJC scale
- The statutory duties such as producing the agenda and the legal summons to councillors to attend a meeting of the Council, a committee or sub committee should take little time
- It is worth noting that attending meetings and taking minutes is not a statutory requirement of the proper officer
Please Register, Login or Subscribe to read more...