This CPALC (Communities, Parish and Local Councils) How To Guide (HTG) is for town and parish councillors, clerks and residents and community groups who wish to gain a broad basic introduction to developing or refurbishing community facilities.
In the majority of cases this will probably be the village or community hall.
- When the council or residents raise the topic of needing a new community facility or refurbishing an existing one there can be a lot of discussion within the community
- Diverse users and community groups may have very different opinions and requirements
- Cost is always going to be an issue so making sure that whatever is agreed is fit for purpose and meets the needs of its users is vital
- This is primarily a practical guide not a legal treatise
- The principal objective is to assist councillors and residents to ask the right questions based on relevant information
Article Contents - Click on a link below
This guide is indicative and is not definitive as projects, requirements, communities and their needs are all different.
Please Register, Login or Subscribe to read more...