At www.CPALC.org.uk, the privacy of our visitors is of importance to us.
Any personal information gathered during any website work-flow process may be used to...
- provide services to our members,
- to help ensure continuous and secure operation of the website
- to fulfil legal obligations (VAT).
Member information is never shared with third parties.
Registered members control what is visible to other members using the privacy controls
The default privacy settings are that information is private to the member.
The email newsletter has an un-subscribe facility.
Anonymous Log Files
Like many other Web sites, www.CPALC.co.uk makes use of log files...
- The information inside the log files includes internet protocol ( IP ) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider ( ISP ), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks to analyse trends and administer the site
- IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable
Safeguards And Security
- No data transmission over the internet can be entirely secure, so we do not guarantee the security of your personal information and/or use of the Site.
- However, we use reasonable endeavours to protect the security of your personal information from unauthorised access or use by using encryption technology.
- This site includes links to other web sites, which you use at your own risk.
- The site Administrators are not responsible for the content, suitability or privacy of other web sites.
- Links to other web sites are not an endorsement or recommendation.
- You should always take up appropriate references and undertake your own investigations to determine the suitability of any products and services on offer.
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer's hard drive by your web browser when you first visit the Site.
- The cookie allows us to identify your computer and find out details about your last visit
- Most internet browsers accept cookies automatically, but usually you can alter the settings of your browser to erase cookies or prevent automatic acceptance if you prefer
- If you choose not to receive our cookies, we cannot guarantee that your experience with the Site will be as quick or responsive as if you do receive cookies
The information collected by cookies is not personally identifiable,
- it includes general information about your computer settings
- your connection to the internet e.g. operating system and platform, IP address
- your browsing patterns and timings of browsing on the Site and geographical location
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options
More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers' respective websites
You should be aware that this site will not work without cookies