The site contains a powerful search engine.
- This is designed to help registered members find what they need quickly
- Guests and visitors should use Tags and the list filters
To access the search engine...
- You MUST be a registered member to use the search feature
- You MUST be logged in to use the search feature
- Click on "Search" which may be found at the end of every page
- The Search Page is displayed or enter a search phrase or word in the search box displayed in the left hand column on most pages.
- Enter the word or phrase for which you are looking.
- Then click on "Search".
Using the search feature...
- Start by searching for one word e.g. poll or polls
- If this is unsuccessful try another e.g. election or elections
- Check your spelling e.g. topc for topic, chnge for change
- There is no need to enclose your search phrase in quotes i.e. "Parish poll"
The search engine scans the whole site, articles, FAQs, directory and the forum.
- The search results ( "hits") are displayed as a list from which you may select,
- The results list shows...
- The content title
- Where the content is e.g. Forum, FAQs,
- Part of the content with your search word highlighted
The Forum and directory have their own search features, using them may save you time.