Using Title filters or Searching List Titles is a way of allowing you to find information in a displayed list of articles in a category.
A title filter or Searching List Titles is very different to the site search facility.
Title filtering is an effective way of finding what you seek without doing a full search.
- Is only available when a list of articles is shown
- Start by entering a single word
- Only looks for the required words in the titles of the articles in the displayed list
- Does not look at any other part of the site
- Does not look within the article for the required words
- Does a "containing" filter within a word i.e. if any word in the article title contains the word required that article will be selected e.g. CHAIR entered articles with CHAIRMAN in the title will be selected
- Where multiple words are entered an exact match is required for any results to be shown
- No user control over the sorting of the results
- Resulting list will be shorter than the original list
- Is available from nearly every page on the site
- Many words may be entered in the search
- Looks across the whole site
- Looks at both the title and content of articles and other site features
- The type of search can be chosen by the user e.g. all words, exact match etc.
- The search words are highlighted in the results
- The results can be sorted by the user
- May produce a very large number of results